Thursday, September 27, 2012

Party time, excellent.

Bacon-wrapped cocktail weenies. by AnneRosso

Arlo, my first son and last baby, will be two next week. We're having a party for him this weekend and I'm in that happy planning stage where anything is possible!

I love this stage. I have so many ideas and there's still time to make it all happen!

Of course, I know the stage after this one is "OMG, the party starts in three hours and I'm not dressed and the food isn't done and the house isn't cleaned and OMG OMG OMG!"

I'm not looking forward to that stage.

But! Living in the moment, I'm very excited for the party. It's his golden birthday! This is the first party I've ever thrown with a theme.

Um, holy cow, themes are AWESOME! They make all your decisions so easy! In this case, when I see something cool that could be fun for the party, my first question is, "Is it gold?"

The second question is, "Can I make it gold?"

Followed by all the boring questions of money and necessity, heh.

I'm going to try to wrestle Arlo into a cute little yellow bowtie for the party—we'll see how that goes!

1 comment:

  1. i love planning birthday parties! your gold theme sounds awesome! can't wait to see pics of the bowtie!

    ReplyDelete