Friday, January 20, 2012

Jumping in.

Welcome to the first post of the Potato Cake Vintage blog! I have to admit, I haven't had a blog in a very long time so I'm pretty rusty at this stuff. But I'm excited to have this space to talk about three of the things I'm passionate about: my kids, thrifting and vintage clothes!

I'm a mama to a three-year-old girl and a one-year-old boy. Together with my husband, we live in a suburb of Minneapolis. I've been a pretty avid thrifter for the kids since the week I found out I was pregnant with my first baby. It wasn't long before I was buying clothes that I knew my kids couldn't wear (wrong size, wrong gender, wrong season) just because all that vintage kept calling to me. I had quite a stockpile, so in October I opened Potato Cake Vintage. It's been an amazing few months, and I'm excited to see where the shop goes from here!


OK, enough shop talk. I'll wrap this up with a picture of my daughter holding one of the lobsters we got for our special New Year's Eve dinner. We bought the lobsters from Coastal Seafood, and while I was a little Annie Hall about them, my daughter was (mostly) excited to meet them.

No comments:

Post a Comment