Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Thrifted.

I hunt for treasures pretty regularly, but sometimes it's hard to move beyond the racks of kid's clothes! This is especially true if I have the kids with me because I know my shopping time is limited and I want to focus on updating the store. But every once in a while, I get to look at adult clothes and household items. Here are a few things I've found recently:



Vintage fabric. Once upon a time, I made quilts and clothes for my kids. I haven't made time to work on any sewing projects since Arlo was born (save a fast baby quilt for my best friend) and yet I still can't pass up good fabric like this. Someday I'll get back to my sewing machine...hopefully soon.

I found the fabric at the Goodwill in Rogers, Minn., after the Blue Dot warehouse sale last weekend. The sale was a bust, but I actually had a really pleasant time sitting outside in the sunshine beforehand, reading my library book, drinking coffee and chatting with the woman sitting next to me, whose husband works with my neighbor, we realized. Love those small world moments.




A Thonet-inspired bentwood stool. This was $4 at Value Village, scored over my lunch break. I am pretty sure the kids will stand on this and punch through the top any day now, but it's nice to have a  side table in the living room, at least for a little bit. Funnily enough, just yesterday I noticed this in the new Serena & Lily catalog:



Awfully similar, huh?


Um, yeah, macrame. We live in a '50s ranch house and I'm not quite sure we can pull off something like this, but we'll see. It's actually really pretty and I love the hoop it's on.



A Thonet-inspired chair. Free because I rescued it from the street! I cleaned it up with Murphy's oil soap and some wood wax, and now it's in the kids' room.





A dress for me! I think this was $8 at Value Village. I hardly ever find vintage dresses for myself because I am super picky (they must be short-sleeved, high-waisted, knee-length and made of cotton). Even as I was carrying this to the dressing room, I was 99% sure it wouldn't fit. But it fits perfectly! I was shocked. A lucky find for sure.


And then there's this awesome neon jumpsuit! I added it to the shop this morning. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment